Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Simple Ecommerce Marketing Plan Worth $118,000+

By: Jason Quey

Would you write one article a week if I said you could make $118,000 in your first year? And $708,000 in revenue in year 2?

Would you do it?

I know I would. And I will. In this article, I’m going to show you a simple marketing plan that I will use to grow a men’s style ecommerce site from 0 to 50,000 visitors/month in 12 months.

After doing some research, I will write just one article a week, do some content promotion, and let Google do the heavy lifting for me. And just for funsies, I will do very little link building too (more on why in a moment).

Don’t believe me that traffic is worth $708,000?

Let’s do some quick math. The process I’m about to show you is something I use for all my clients.

Why?

Because if you know the true value of your work, you will know whether that investment is worth your time.

Here’s how I arrived at an estimated traffic value of $708,000:

1. To go from 0 to 50,000/month visitors in year 1, I estimate I will receive 100,000 total visitors.
2. If my traffic numbers stay flat at 50,000 visitors-a-month in year 2, I will receive 600,000 visitors.
3. The average conversion rate of a website that uses content marketing is 2.9%. The average conversion rate of a site without a content strategy is 0.5%. For this example, let’s be conservative and use 2%. That means in year 1, I will get 2,000 new customers. In year 2, I will get 12,000 new customers.
4. According to RJ Metrics, the average lifetime value of a customer in the fashion industry is $108. Again, let’s be conservative and drop that number in half to $59, because I am creating a new business.
5. That means in year 1, I would generate $118,000 in revenue. And year 2 I would make $708,000 if no customers from year 1 buy from me again.

Read More >> https://www.abetterlemonadestand.com/ecommerce-marketing-plan/

No comments:

Post a Comment