Wednesday, May 16, 2018

How to Set Up Your Shopify Store

By: Nicole Martins Ferreira
14 May, 2018

Starting a new store can be both exciting and nerve wracking. Part of you is dreaming of all the possibilities from achieving success while the other part is worried you’ll fail. Creating a week by week case study is one of the hardest tasks I’ve ever been assigned. Despite having built several stores in the past, which all made money, I can’t help but worry about what will happen if things don’t go as planned.

On the bright side, this week is all about building the store. It’s one of the most exciting parts of the whole process. It’s the time when you finally get a chance to turn that idea in your head into a real business. This is going to be super fun!

In case you missed it, last week I covered how to choose a niche for your dropshipping store. And I decided to start a letterboard store. Feel free to check out that article first if you’d like to build your ecommerce store alongside me.

Choosing a Brand Name

One of the first questions you’ll be asked before you start your store is what your store’s name is. The business name you choose is important. It’s the name your customers will share with their friends, searchers will look for in Google, and you’ll be including on your website and marketing materials.

You’ll need to come up with something catchy, SEO-optimized or aligned with how you want to position your brand.

It can be hard to brainstorm ideas on your own. I mean, every time, I come up with a brand name on my own, I do a quick search and… it’s taken. That’s why I usually rely on a list of business name generators I compiled and update regularly. My go-tos? Shopify and Oberlo’s name generators. And those are the two I used during this case study.

Oberlo recently launched their own Business Name Generator that you can use come up with business name ideas for your store.

Read More >> https://www.oberlo.com/blog/how-to-set-up-your-shopify-store

No comments:

Post a Comment